Wednesday, June 5, 2013

When I went for a walk this morning, I saw this awesome amber rock on the road. How cool is that?!


I'm not sure where it came from or how it got here but I know where it might be headed! The life of a mosaicist is always fun! I never what I'm going to find to use in art in any given day.

I'm working on the candle holder but am not happy with how the glass is fighting me to get placed on it. It's rippled glass which is often difficult to nip because it shatters. I'm putting the rippled side against the glass of the candle holder so that when sunlight or candlelight come through it, you'll see not only the ripples but the colors from the flat side. Often the flat side gets lost when the rippled side is used. This is thick glass and a bit of a challenge to cut and use.


Once the last flat part is covered I'll then start working on the sides which is also challenging. Putting flat glass on rounded anything is always harder than we think it should be!

I ordered some gold mirror for the next custom 6 inch gazing ball! Woo-hoo! My favorite place to order this mirror is from www.mosaicsbymaria.com. Prices are great, you can order pre-cut tiles or sheets and they have a great turn-around time!

The newest Vintage item was listed this morning. I only have one more ready to list. The Camera Goddess might have to be put to work this weekend!




Stay peaceful.

Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics