Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy Summer Solstice!


It's a family day today running errands with my daughter and spending time with my favorite little grand dude. I enjoy those days a lot and because I live with them, I get to have these joyful days often.

I have a few photos to share. Yesterday when I was out and about, I noticed something that had caught my eye a few days earlier, curbside. It was raining on that day and I decided not to stop and check it out, however, it stayed with my thoughts until I was in the area again. It was still sitting there and SCREAMING for me to bring it home. So I told my daughter she may want to hide her face as she gets so embarrassed when I curb grab and I went for it.
This is a wood foot board for a toddler's bed. Originally I thought it was a head board and when I am finished with it, that is what it will become. I imagine it covered in bright mosaics in broken dishes, mirror and stained glass. Isn't it awesome?! It will take some work on one side particularly, it looks like the frame (which was still there as well but broken beyond what I could repair in my tiny space without proper tools for such things) and the board were split from each other. Probably from too many times of jumping on the bed! ;) I'm very proud of myself for listening the voice inside me that guides me. It told me to get this and make it useful once more. I can do that.

Look who has dots! This is Luna Nuren after her ear surgery. She now sports a nice little strip painted in brown, orange, yellow and green. She's the coolest elephant on the planet!!

I worked a bit on the gazing ball. I ran out of glue so the errands today will include stopping for more.


Enjoy your day. Enjoy your weekend. Happy Summer!!


Stay peaceful.

Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics