Wednesday, June 17, 2020

WIP Wednesday

There's not much to show yet, but I have started the larkspur. This is for a series of 12. I'm making mosaics using the birth flower for each month. This is for July. Larkspur or delphinium.

I'm still unsure it'll come through in the way I want it, but it's up to me to make peace with what does come. Going with the flow ...

The porous nature of the thin set used on this (as you may recall it's Styrofoam covered in plaster cast strips and thin set) has caused the glass to be a little resistant. I'm going to have to use a lot more glue on these pieces and may have to redo what I've done here just to make sure it stays put when it's time to grout. I don't remember having that problem with the piece I did before this one, so it might just be a spot that's too thick or not as smooth as the other one was.

In any case, I have started and I'm happy with these colors.

This might take a while with many stops and starts or it could go quickly. I'm thinking I'd like to enjoy the experience of the 1st flower in the series. Hopefully I'll take my time and appreciate the journey.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics