Tuesday, June 2, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday and WIP Wednesday

I've really been bouncing around a lot these days and thought maybe I'd combine posts because what I'm doing really is a little bit of both looking at tesserae and work-in-progress mosaics.

There are many things swirling around in my head but I don't seem to be landing on one thing just yet. I started the dot painting on the shade you may recall my sharing that last week but put that aside. I printed out something to work on for my son-in-law (his birthday was in April), but I don't feel the pull to work on it at all, so that got pushed aside. Sigh.

And so I allowed the muse to play with some stained glass for a bit each day, just looking at color combinations, deciding what might go well with what substrates I have.

So far, I've come up with some colors for a crescent moon but I'm waiting on some tess to arrive before it can begin.

This will be all blues and silver for the most part. The tess that's been ordered might not work here so I'll wait until I see it before I decide if I'll use it or not.

The same goes for this next one. A nifty sun. I love this color combo, but again, waiting for tess to arrive and again, not sure it'll go on the this mosaic, but it might.

This is beige, light tan, yellow, ball chain, millefiori and orange. That might be enough, but I'll wait until I have everything before I make the final decision.

And also, a very good friend suggested I make mosaics using birth flowers. I thought that would be fun to do and decided to start with July. However, I have no stained glass in these colors, which means more ordering of supplies is needed before I can start. And that will take some time to find what I like and the money needed to do it. The "push aside" pile is higher than the "to be grouted" pile!

This is a larkspur or delphinium and I glued it to a Styrofoam board I prepped for mosaic work. I'm looking forward to starting this series. It might take some time to get through it all and I might stop after one. Who knows for sure. But I'm going to try to get through the whole series.

As far as grouting goes and fixing mosaics that need work, I'm slowly getting through a box of broken and/or slightly in need of some TLC mosaics, doing a little at a time. Not much grouting is getting accomplished yet. That really has to be something I'm interested in doing, otherwise it's a disaster. Maybe over the weekend I'll do a little bit. The fun is in the unknown!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics