Thursday, June 25, 2020

Throwback Thursday

Gotta love moon art! I call this one "Moon Glow". This piece is small but has a lot of interesting elements. A crescent moon inside a circle rainbow in stained glass and mirror.


I had some left over pieces of wood that my Dad gave me and that's where this started. I love the unusual shape at the top. If you held it any other way, you wouldn't see the design I imagined on it. As soon as I picked it up, I knew it had to be in this direction.


There are a lot of shiny hand cut pieces of glass and mirror in this small wall art. Colors include pink, blue, yellow, silver mirror, red, purple, all surrounded with stars and clouds in stained glass, some added to the mosaic once it was grouted. I made this cool piece in 2010.

Height: 4.5 Inches; Width: 6 Inches