Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

I wanted to show the glass that I recently purchased through a shop at Etsy. I love this color combo for the larkspur or delphinium I'm going to attempt to mosaic.

Originally, I had glued the printout to the board I'm using but I didn't like the way the design came through under the glass. It still will do that, but with the drawing, it won't be as obvious. It seems a bit daunting to me at the moment but once I get going on it, it should be fun.


I've learned to go with the flow, so whatever happens as I am creating this flower, it will all be a learning experience. Every mosaic I make has something to teach me.

It was difficult to get a good shot of it for some reason. It looks more blue than purple here but it is periwinkle and will look more like that when I use it. The other glass is a beautiful iridescent glass in light blue violet. These two combined in this mosaic will be pretty cool.

My kitty, Baby, decided she wanted to see what I was doing as I had all these things where she could get to them on the blanket chest.


Little Miss Nosy had to sniff everything. Including the lamp. But this photo above shows the glass colors a little better and the green glass I'll use for the stems.

Final inspection. Kitty approved. On with the creating!!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics