Tuesday, June 23, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

There's a good chance that once the larkspur flower is finished and resting (waiting for glue to dry so it can be grouted), I'll be working on this ginormous crescent moon. Below is an example of how I work. The process is simple and not all that exciting but it is a process just the same.

I'm really not sure I'll have enough glass with these choice colors I've picked. At first, I had these:

Two different kinds of mirror and assorted blues (the lightest is iridescent). It is okay enough as it is, but I felt the amount I had of the blues might not be enough. That's when I started looking at my stash and deciding what else I could add. I found a tan or beige glass, also iridescent.

I don't think that's quite as "me" as I need it to be. I have some yellow and orange glass. That would look kind of cool. Both would work, actually, together with the glass I've already chosen.

I like this combination and will use them all. With the addition of the lighter colors that I like to use, the dark grout will make it pop!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics