So little time...*
 |
| This is the finished page I made dedicated to my Dad. It took a long time to realize writing something here just wasn't going to happen and so I allowed Maya Angelou to do it for me. |
 |
| Just a bunch of grungy painted papers ... my favorite! |
 |
I discovered I can add water to charcoal and get a wonderful smeary look. Paint, charcoal and ink too all on one piece of paper is so satisfying to do. I can grab anything and just go! The week was a blur of activity and messes in the best possible way, in my life, anyway. When the "what if I tried this" thought happens, it becomes a big blur and that's okay by me. |
 |
Taking junk mail envelopes and creating pockets for journals is a great way to do something while streaming something in the evenings. Especially when I have tired eyes. I really have a lot of junk mail saved, so it was past time to cut it up and start using it.
The most fun I have is grabbing scraps of either painted papers or papers I've used from books and use them for these pockets. For me, the thought that all papers will work on these things, either when I make the cards for inside the pockets or a journal page, is very freeing. I have no restrictions and if something doesn't quite work and I don't quite love it, I'm actually okay with that and move on. Sometimes if I really get bothered, I'll cover it up or cut it up but I never throw anything away. I have learned it's all a lesson of some sort and so I try to see what I've learned before moving onto the next. This is a great example of taking pieces and putting them altogether. I ended up fussy cutting the bird on the branch and putting it in the center of the envelope. I'll share that below (see photo under the doodle). Numbers 165-168 in the collage a day journal. This book is almost full! A small handmade journal page. Still practicing making butterflies. Watercolor attempt #2 of the same photo came out better and has made it into the watercolor practice book. I really love making clouds and have learned THAT is why I did this photo more than once. Now that I am confident with how to make clouds and water reflections, I can use it in future watercolor paintings I attempt. Having some fun with AI ... I wanted to share with a few family members how long my hair was and then saw this background and color combo taking it from my comforter on my bed, it seems. I'm okay with that and really love it. I took one of the cement boards and decided to start painting. Right now it looks like the game "Twister" but it won't look that way once I'm finished adding collage to it and maybe gluing some stuff and things to it as well. Time will tell. Filling in pages of the art journals with the envelopes and cards I've made is actually very satisfying and takes very little time. The hard part was creating the envelopes and painted the papers and truly ... that wasn't hard at all. Cutting out these little tabs was something I saw a YouTuber do. It's part of an envelope that was left over after cutting out the part with the window. I grabbed some printed papers and added it to the thing and use it to keep my place in the book as I'm working. I'm sure I'll make more of these because they are very useful! As a diabetic, I have nostalgic times when I think I could just inhale all of these donuts and not feel like I'm going to throw up or have my blood sugar raise to a scary number. Since that's a possibility, instead, I grab the next best thing: a photo in a magazine and then add a little bit of another photo of a pink one with sprinkles and collage together and come out with a fun art page. No raised blood sugar happens but the satisfaction of creating an interesting page in my journal does. I put some painted papers on a folder that didn't have a protective plastic cover on it and so the papers stuck to the cardboard in an interesting way. Normally I use them until they fall apart and actually add plastic wrap to them so I can continue to use them but this one was kind of neat looking and so, I made it into a journal cover and will probably paint on it a little more to give it a new look. I put two signatures inside and it's ready whenever I am to add things to them. Doodling still happens but it's a bit slower at the moment because my eyes aren't always willing to work late into the night. I mostly like to just rest them after working at the art table for long chunks of time. However, this guy is in a 9 x 12 inch pad and because I decided to practice some doodles, it's become valuable. Once it's finished it's possible I will take it out and cut it up into cool looking shapes for collage.  The finished envelope with the fussy cut bird within a journal page. |

Numbers 169-172 in the collage a day journal.
*NOTE: The blog today as I write this isn't liking it when I try to add
text to the photos and so there's an explanation under each. It might
look a little different but I get the info out and that's really all I
wanted to do.
Enjoy your week!
Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics - Mixed Media Art
Instagram: @artbyearthmothermosaics
Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Journey
No comments:
Post a Comment