Monday, August 24, 2026

No Internet For A Day and Iron Man Movies

When our internet went out beyond our control over the weekend (technically only for a day) I was left with doing other things that didn't require scrolling or sharing on social media. What I did do was pull out the Iron Man movies (my favorite!) and watch them as I did some card making. Pretty much, business as usual for me, but without the constant stopping to scroll.

The week was a little less productive than normal. I did my three month checkup with my primary care doctor (diabetes is being managed well at the moment) and we discussed gallbladder surgery. I now have an appointment with a gastro doctor this upcoming week and will start the wheels in motion to get this surgery over with as soon as they can do it.

Meanwhile, here is what happened at the art table last week.

Taking old store receipts and covering them with scraps laying around is one fun way to "clean up the art table". 

I found an article written in 2016 about my peace signs, comparing them to mandalas. I love that! I'm sure I shared the link 10 years ago, but just in case, here it is again. MotD (thank you, The Mandala Lady!) I also found, by doing a search using this photo, info about who made them (ME!)


FYI: the website is no longer available and creating these pieces in the Purple Palace is wrong but look at that, my peace sign mosaics are different enough to be known they were made by me. Very cool.

Here is the photo I used to ask Google who made these peace signs, wondering if it would know I did. And the info under the photo is what I shared on social media. It was kinda neat to know that I was "well-known" after 25+ years of creating mosaics. 😁



 

Finally got the painted papers down on the cement board and decided to add crescent moons to it.



"Moon Shadows" - 12x12 inches, acrylics, painted papers, washi tape and doodles.

 

Days 173-176 - collage a day journal

 
Scrap papers on 4x4 inch wood panel, sides need painting and a signature is to be added.



These are the cards I made while the internet was out. I don't know which one is a favorite, but I do know using old magazines, prints and scraps makes for a very interesting card. Definitely a fun way to spend a day.

 

Enjoy your week!

Cindy,  EarthMotherMosaics - Mixed Media Art

Instagram: @artbyearthmothermosaics 

Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Journey

 

 


No comments:

No Internet For A Day and Iron Man Movies

When our internet went out beyond our control over the weekend (technically only for a day) I was left with doing other things that didn...