Wednesday, October 2, 2013

In The Studio

Happy Wednesday!

It's the 3rd day into the new format here and I'm loving it. I am more focused and centered on what needs to be done both in the studio and with marketing/networking/social media.

Let's get right to the fun things happening in the studio this week. I've made some peace sign coasters that will get grouted this weekend. I think they turned out really groovy. Here's what they looked like earlier this week.


I finished them up yesterday. I love them!



And I love making useful art!

I'm doing 'double duty' today starting on two new Flower Power projects. One is round and needs time for glue to dry before turning it to continue working on it. In order to keep the momentum going, I've got a nice flat substrate to work on too.


Depending on how quickly these go, I may be working on the next project after this before the week is through. This is an old cutting board my Dad made in a kidney design shape quite popular when I was growing up and again popular now as Retro. And a favorite of mine in design choices.


One it has the mosaic magic on it, it will be Retro wall art. Yay!

The other night I had an idea for a small mosaic for a nursery that will be done on wood. I drew out the templates but may not even use them. However, here is what I've got on the 'drawing board'.


I took a few photos of my tree this morning. It is the time of year when I am watching it, taking photos of it often and sharing its transition preparing for winter. I haven't edited them all yet, but I found one I like so much and thought of the song, Morning Has Broken sung by Cat Stevens. http://youtu.be/e0TInLOJuUM


Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics