Wednesday, March 18, 2020

WIP Wednesday

Working on this unicorn is almost life altering. This is a true magical adventure.

I really enjoy my Zen time with mosaics. They are the best way I have to stay creative. When I decided to make this mosaic, I knew it was going to be fun but slightly difficult. The idea of making a magical creature became exciting and I knew whatever happens it'll be fun!

So far, the only thing I had a little trouble with was the mane. I ultimately used ball chain to help with direction and give it an outline of sorts.

Here's the progress to date.

Working on the unicorn body, I knew it had to be colorful. The end result was to use glass and mirror.

At this point, the pink fill in started to look like a rainbow. I thought I might go with that but the muse said no, continue filling it all in with pink.

When I stopped working on this for the night, I realized there really was magic happening here. Can you see the pink silhouette of a horse around the unicorn? How cool is that?!

Once the entire background is filled in, I plan to grout in white. I think for fun I'll paint the unicorn in pink with glitter in it.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics