Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

This week I'm putting glass on an empty wine bottle. The color choices should be limited to these shown in the photo but as I begin working on it, I may hear the whisper of another color to add. Possibly green.


Soaking in the cup are a few pieces of a broken glass vase. I'll soak them a little at a time because it is time-consuming to "peel" the stained glass off of the clear glass that's cracked, broken into pieces with grout on it. It has a really awesome peacock feather design behind some of the glass however that seems to be staying on the cracked and broken vase. I did notice that the small tiles that are coming free from adhesive still have an iridescent quality. That's pretty cool.





I hope to start on this later today if I can get the broken glass separated from the stained glass. I'll share progress next week in the WIP Wednesday's post.



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics