Thursday, March 26, 2020

Throwback Thursday

This week's throwback is the Meditation Shrine I made in 2016. This is from my personal collection and is not for sale.

I found a lot of work-in-progress photos on my external hard drive, which makes me happy. So here they are!

This was, in a previous life, a clock casing. The parts fell out or broke, and eventually it was just a few pieces of wood that looked like a house. I saw potential and set to work creating a Meditation Shrine.

It took approximately 3 months to complete. All recycled materials were used and the glass, mirror and dishes were hand cut by me.

If I had a "do-over" for this mosaic, I'd have put the words up and down instead of side to side. They are hard to read this way. The top says Meditate and Breathe, the sides say Mind-Matter-Spirit and Give Thanks and the bottom says Awareness.

Stained glass, mirror and dish tiles were added inside, top to bottom.



This is the back of the shrine.




This is the inside, bottom section. Namaste.


As I picked up the shrine to take photos of it for this post, the angel on one side fell off ... again ... I think I'll glue these to the inside because every time I move the shrine, one or both fall off. They are bronze and heavy and the glues I have aren't really handling them well.
Love

Peace

Happiness

I love the back and sides as much as the front.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics