Thursday, March 19, 2020

Throwback Thursday


Sold in 2018, this is an abstract stained glass mosaic made using photographs I took of leaves throughout the fall season from my favorite tree in the apartment complex I once lived in. I taped them all together and placed it on the bottom of the plate and added stained glass colors representing the colors of the leaves; following the color scheme more than the actual shapes of leaves and trees.


No matter how you turn this piece of art, it completely changes perspective. Honestly, no matter how it's placed, it is quite beautiful. Stained glass colors used are all the colors you find in nature during the fall season. I hand cut every piece of glass in this mosaic.


I love making mosaics on discarded items; transforming them into something beautiful and unusual. Such is the case for this mosaic. Very small hand cut pieces of stained glass were placed on a discarded 15 inch microwave plate and grouted, creating a work of art.



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics