Tuesday, March 3, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

This week, I'm sharing the mosaic I made for an avid online gamer. Taking a photo from a scene in Kingdom Hearts 3 of Sora holding a star, I adapted it with love into a mosaic. It is one of those mosaics that looks way better in person and from a distance, but I'd like to share the work-in-progress photos and the final results anyway.

This is the original photo I used for the example.

Gluing the photo down on the board was the best option for this particular mosaic.

Filling in around the design with mirror gave it a "WOW" factor.

All glued down and ready for grout. The sunset was hard to capture for some reason. Maybe it's because it had reflections or maybe because I didn't have the exact colors I needed, but I felt it was the best I could do with what I had available to me.

I used paint on Sora to add some additional color in his hair and the suit he wears. I also added a small star charm and my signature peace sign peaks out at the top.

I had always heard if you have trouble seeing the details or a specific design in a mosaic to squint. It really works well for this one! Give it a try.




Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics