Wednesday, May 27, 2020

WIP Wednesday

Coming up with a solution to the problem, if you want to call it that, of feeling the creative bug to mosaic something new, while working on fixing the older mosaics that need repairs, wasn't easy. There's a method to the madness here in the attic! I don't want to start a new mosaic just yet. I feel I need to devote some time and attention to the older ones, showing them love and making sure they are taken care of.

What I decided to do was some dot painting on these shades. I have quite a few, donated to me a few years back. And I've been looking at them, wondering exactly how to use them. Mosaic of course comes to mind, but the glue and grout might crack over time. Especially if these shades were used for candles or high wattage light bulbs. Something decorated on it, maybe a little mosaic work here and there might be okay.



Painting it using black acrylic and then I'll just go crazy with dots. Similar to what I did on the bottles a few years ago.


Hopefully, I'll get the same magic on these shades.


And the first part of one mosaic has been fixed! I know it's just one from many that need repair, but this one wasn't too difficult until I realized I had no more black iridescent tiles. I will have to order some more and re-grout this once I get them.


The chain snapped off and this poor mosaic fell down a few steps. Luckily, only a few tiles fell off! It could have been so much worse!!




Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics