Wednesday, May 20, 2020

WIP Wednesday

There's a lot to show for today's WIP. The fruit basket mosaic went rather quickly. I finished all but the frame around the fruit in almost one sitting.


Painting the substrate was a good idea, if I do say so myself. Although the fruit looks differently in mosaic form than in painted form, it helped me stay focused on color choices. The above photo shows 2 pieces of fruit finished.


This is about where I took a short break after doing the 2 pieces. The pear in the center looks a bit off to me, but I left it alone. Abstract art can be a bit off.


All fruit filled in and the blue added to the basket. Time for a glass of wine!


I really love this glass I used for the basket. It was gifted years ago and has been used often. I am slowly using it up. I am grateful for the gift.


Some of the photos are a bit fuzzy but I felt they were good enough to share here. Maybe the glass of wine had something to do with the focus and decision. :)


All ready for the frame which will be in iridescent black, iridescent blue and silver mirror. That won't take long to do at all. I'll share the final results next Wednesday. It's possible it will be grouted by then.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics