Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

This week I am getting the things I ordered recently. It's exciting to see the notifications that the order is on its way or has been delivered. It's fun!!

I now have glue and thin set but I'm still waiting for grout. That's okay because the muse is snoozing and I'm not ready to get back to creating just yet.

Here are a few things that arrived over the past few days that will help the muse wake up and start the magical journey into mosaic making.


These bright and beautiful colors are from Mosaics By Maria. I love her glass! Thank you once again, Maria, for the quick turnaround time!


And here are the sun substrates from WoodCraftCutouts and the deep, dark, luscious stained glass and millefiori from ChristineBrallier both on Etsy.

I have a nice container I put new pieces of glass in before introducing them to their new brothers and sisters. It takes a while to acclimate, because they are the new favorites, all bright and shiny. But after a few weeks, when I start to need additional colors from my stash of supplies I have on the shelves, these get blended in with those and seem happy to co-exist.


The container looks small but holds all of these bags with ease. And the suns look on in amusement knowing they'll be getting a splash of primer and a hanger attached to their back end very soon before any glass shown here will be used. It's all good. Everybody plays well together. I insist on it. ;)



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics