Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

Now that I've got almost everything I've been waiting for to get the muse back up on her feet, I'm the one dragging them. However, I do have the beginning of some magic going on here and thought I'd share. This will be shared tomorrow too, for WIP Wednesday. Hopefully you'll see a bit of progress at that point.


This is a photo I took quite a few years ago and altered with color. The glass shown here will be the basket and might possibly cover the entire surface or just leave it as a box like you see here.


I painted the sections with similar colors and noticed the box I drew around the fruit is slightly tilted. That won't make much difference in the end I don't believe. Using the glass that looks like the colors of the basket, might look pretty cool all around the fruit. I'll decide that when the time comes. Well, the muse will have the final say in it all, of course. ;)


Here's the glass I'll use for the fruits. I'm excited to make this one. By the way, the base is one of my Styrofoam pieces I covered in plaster strips and thin set. Not entirely sure how it will be finished. Hung or placed in a stand? But first, the magic has to happen!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics