Monday, May 18, 2020

Mosaic Monday

 
 
Materials:stained glass, mirror, broken mug
Dimensions: Height: 16 Inches; Width: 7 Inches


This Mid Century Modern Mosaic Wall Art has a history to it. The base is a wooden trivet, made by my Father in the late 1950's, early 1960's. The design was just starting to become known and adored and he and a friend sold many of these in NYC. The band around the top handle is real leather and the wood was cut using a lathe, sanded down and stained by my Dad. A few years ago he handed me 5 of these beauties and asked if I could use them for mosaics. The first one I made is mine to keep but a few I've decided to sell.
 
 
Done in all hand cut stained glass in brown and black and copper mirror, the center section has 2 hand cut sunflowers from a broken mug. My Dad has whittled small feet on the bottom to protect the surface of either a wall or table.

Hang on the wall, use as a candle trivet; it's up to you how you display this unusual piece of handmade artisans work. But please display it proudly!
 
 
Makes a great gift for an anniversary, wedding, new home owner, apartment dweller, college bound student, birthday, retirement and the list goes on.

Keep it and gift yourself. I absolutely believe you will smile each time you see it.

Not recommended for food or oven use.

Measures 16 inches x 7 inches.

Indoor Use Only.
 
 
$80.00 USD - FREE SHIPPING (USA ONLY)

To see additional photos of this listing and/or to purchase, click on the link at the top of this post. To head on over to my Etsy shop to look around at many more items great for any occasion, click here. This will take you directly to my shop.

Enjoy! 
 
 
Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics