Wednesday, May 21, 2014

In The Studio

It's not as busy here this week as it has been. I still have a lot of grouting to do, but decided to forge ahead and start working on an old window I've had sitting here next to me for quite some time. Grouting will have to happen on all the things waiting for it this coming weekend. And I'm okay with that. I love to grout but really have to be in the mood for it. And I know I'll be ready for a break from things after I have finished and grouted this window.

I decided to do a scrap glass mosaic on a 6 pane window frame because I think it is one of my favorite mosaic designs to make. The other window waiting for some mosaic goodness will have a sun and moon design on it in my favorite Bohemian style if I can find all the right colors in my stash of glass.

It takes a lot of hard work to make a mosaic on a window. I have very little room to let it sit out on a table or work station so each time I work on it, I build a small IKEA end table someone gave me to put a mosaic on a few years ago (she gave me 2 actually and I'm still waiting for inspiration to cover them with something awesome) and lift the window onto it. When I'm finished for the day, I break it all down and move it all back into a corner until the next time.


I work hunched over I've realized and my back has been giving me some trouble since I started hoisting this thing and working long hours on it. But it's so worth it!


I'm almost 1/2 way finished with the 3rd pane.


Doesn't it look awesome in the window?! Once grouted, it will be placed on this windowsill but not in this window. I really love it.

And my back will heal a little bit before I start in on another window now that I know how it bothers me and why. But while I'm resting, I'll be able to enjoy this beauty with the sun shining through it.

Life is wonderful when you have art in it!



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy