Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Mosaic Flower Power Vase - Work-in-Progress

The vase is getting completed a bit slowly. I'm using DAP adhesive for this one and while I could literally mosaic for hours and hours without a break, it is best to give the room a chance to air out and keep the window open for ventilation while working with it. It is a sneaky one, doesn't have a really strong aroma until it's been used for a while. I used to wear a mask when I worked with it but have given away all the masks I had to others who needed them. I think it's time to replace them so I can work for longer periods of time with my favorite adhesives.

Be that as it may, the vase is coming along nicely. I have only a few more flowers to fill in.





I was undecided about filling in the background until this morning. I know what glass I want to use to fill in around the flowers and am pleased that I made the decision. Although I do love leaving the flowers as they are with grout (of course) for this vase, the glass I picked to go around it will be perfect and finish it beautifully.

There are many ways to do these flowers. Typically, I use glass and mirror but I'm looking at my dish shards with a different eye these days and I do believe I'll have to try making a flower power mosaic using broken dishes, stained glass and mirror. That should be fun!

I listed 2 new things this morning on Etsy. Another pendant and another painted bottle. The bottle's name is "Stormbringer". It was made when we were having a lot of storms in our area and it is a song title by Deep Purple, a group popular in the 1960's and responsible for much of my enjoyment when I am at the crafts table now.

Mosaic Pendant, Retro Broken Dish Pendant, Art Pendant, Stripes, Gray, Black, White, Hippie, Bohemian, Wearable Art, Copper

Hand Painted Bottle, Dot Painting, Bohemian Art, Hippie Decor, Incense Holder, Bud Vase, Handmade, Recycled, Repurposed, Reused

Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics