Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Fun With Home Decor

Last night while looking through my Etsy shop, I discovered some of my home decor items would look really great placed together and was trying to figure out a way to share them. Remembering the awesome site bighugelabs.com I made up a few small "mosaics" as they are called. I've got 4 made up so far and really like how these look.

I used to do something like this when I was much younger, way before computers and photo editing software. I'd cut out photos I liked from home decorating magazines and group things together in this way. I loved finding similar colors in decor and putting them together. I still do! What's the most awesome thing about these, for me anyway, is that I made and photographed everything you see in these little groupings. I even impressed myself!







Pretty cool, huh?! I'm going to do more as time goes on. It's a fun way to see my crafty work in a new way.

Speaking of crafty work, the newest mosaic has slowed a little bit. Yesterday I did rip up all the glass I didn't like around the sun and in turn a few pieces I didn't want to come off, came with it. This means I'm back pedaling a bit but whenever I pull tesserae up from the surface I'm working with, that is always the risk.

It looks a bit rough right now but as time goes on, while working on it, the roughness will get replaced with thoughts of how groovy it's looking. And now I can add the ball chain and replace the pieces of tess that came off and continue on with it.



I've some new listings to share too! It's been a busy few days.

Terra Cotta Mosaic Flower Pot, Broken Dish Mosaic Art, Retro, Home Decor, Broken China Mosaic, Pique Assiette Mosaic Flower Pot


Hand Painted Bottle, Dot Painting, Bohemian Art, Hippie Decor, Incense Holder, Bud Vase, Handmade, Recycled, Repurposed, Reused


The grandkidlets are under their Dad's care today, which gives me extra time to "play" in my studio. I find so many things to be grateful for each and every day. Today my daughter went to work earlier than usual and I anticipated a hard day wrangling the kids but instead, I have the day to do whatever I need to do without much concern that kids will be under foot while their Dad, bless his heart, works from home and watches them. This is why each day is called the "present". What a gift today is!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics