Monday, August 19, 2013

A New Week Full of Possibilities

Each week I think how fortunate I am to have so many different ideas for crafty things floating around in my head. If I made the same thing all the same, I would be so bored!

As you may remember, I made some pendants last week. Most made the final cut, although a few are either going to be gifted or abandoned (in a good way, since I'm part of the Art Abandonment Group on Facebook) but most will be listed on Etsy.


My favorites have to be the ones using the mini ceramic tiles. I just love how they look!

I made a sale last night that pleased me so much. All sales are wonderful of course, but this one touched my hippie heart. A set of dot painted bottles are heading out this week to a couple having a "Love Ceremony". These are being gifted by another couple sharing in their special day. How cool is that?!

"Kashmir", the wine bottle measures 12 inches high. "Highway Star", the beer bottle measures 9-1/2 inches high. My bottles are named in loving tribute from song titles by the groups Led Zepplin and Deep Purple.
I've started a new Flower Power mosaic on an old ceramic jug I found at the thrift store a few months ago. I thought it would be awesome to put some broken dishes on this but once I got it home, I knew stained glass and mirror in the awesome flower design was needed. I'm adding the outline of each flower first. I love making these flowers. This mosaic will give the old jug a groovy facelift.





Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics