Wednesday, April 1, 2020

WIP Wednesday

Do you remember where the Magical Mosaic Unicorn began?

From a coloring page drawing, I transferred the design onto a board and began to build.

 Using stained glass, broken juice glass pieces, mirror, ball chain, the mosaic started to come together.

After grouting in white, I thought she needed something but I wasn't sure what.
Although I loved how she looked, she blended in too much with the background.
The final decision was to paint the unicorn in purple and sprinkle her in glitter.

The Magical Unicorn was gifted a few days ago to the little girl I made it for (who happens to be in the house at the moment) and she loves it. I neglected to get a photo of her with it, but maybe I will in the future.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics