Thursday, April 9, 2020

Throwback Thursday

Charolette's Wonder Woman Shoe! I made this 6 inch x 4 inch mosaic in July of 2018 using a shoe whose mate was chewed by a pup. It was a soft ballet type of shoe so I used plaster cast strips on it so it wouldn't sink by the weight of the mosaic.


Making a small Wonder Woman logo was a bit of a challenge but I always see these as a learning experience. I used stained glass and mirror and mesh which was cut out and glued to the shoe.




After the logo was glued on, I started filling in the shoe using dish tiles in red, blue, yellow and mirror for the bottom.







Grouted in black. I think it turned out pretty cool. I took these photos today. Two years later, it still looks good!






Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics