Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

The Dreams of a Peaceful Forest is featured on this Tesserae Tuesday because of the tess I used to create it. And also, I just sold this piece so I thought it would be a nice send off to feature it here.

SOLD!
I've named this mosaic wall: The Dreams of a Peaceful Forest. Imagine if trees had dreams when winter starts its dance.

Filled with interesting tidbits of this and that, mostly dish pieces I've hand cut. A broken pin of a cat angel and a large peace sign charm started the ball rolling with this one.


The whole mosaic measures 9 inches. The mosaic itself is approximately 5.5 x 6.5 inches.

 I usually use dishes for abstract work but once in a while I like to create a piece of art. That was the case here. Dishes all hand cut, a fairly large ceramic disc and a ceramic peace sign, plus a broken angel cat pin all told me they wanted to be used for this mosaic. I had no set plan when I started this piece. Sometimes it's best to just go for it!


I'm thrilled it was recently purchased. It's always a joy to share the love of mosaics with someone new.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics