Wednesday, June 28, 2017

In The Studio - Wednesday

I've been standing at the table a lot this week, nipping up dish tiles for the next project.

A few weeks ago, my coffeemaker stopped working. I was very sad and told it how much I appreciated all it's hard work as I unplugged it for the last time. RIP coffeemaker. But now ... it's too large to just toss and as always I like to find new ways to use old items, so why not do something with these pieces?

I haven't yet started on the actual coffeemaker, but I am planning on putting some mosaic magic all over it soon enough!

Right now, I'm working on the aluminum pot. Gotta say, what I see in my head for this when it's finished getting some mosaic goodness, is kind of cool. Sometimes the muse takes me in a different direction from where I start out, so we'll see how it goes.

I drew a simple design on this but might just ignore it and go for it, glue and slap any old which way!

As you can see at the top, in the background, 2 candle holders and a switch plate are resting/drying, waiting for grout. Meanwhile, I'm nipping up all kinds of dish pieces. Fun stuff!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Moments.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics