Friday, June 9, 2017

In The Studio - Friday

It's been so long since I've worked on a glass-on-glass project! I like to do a few to "warm up" the old muse's muscles a bit before making the few I really want to make. I have learned over the years that the first time I go back to something I haven't done in a while, I hardly ever like the result. Now instead of ripping off all the glass and starting again, a bit more frustrated than when I started, I make sure to have extra of whatever I am working on when I can. In that way I can play a little bit, get my hands used to cutting glass again, and also allowing myself the chance to really just go without much thought.

Blue scrap stained glass.

This week I am working on candle holders. Two, I will be gifting. One is going to a silent auction charity. I will mention more about it and share what I've made as the time gets closer in a few months. The other is going to a family member and I'd like to surprise them with it but chances are they will see it before it's gifted because I share so often on social media.


The first candle holder I'm working on is just a warm up. It might get listed on Etsy if I deem it worthy, although it doesn't have to be perfect. I'm doing it just for me and will gladly display it with the other candle holders once it's completed. I am enjoying slapping down glue and glass and just going for it. Always the most fun for me.

Purples and blues are being used for this one.

Perfectly imperfect!

I am having fun!
Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay peaceful and Enjoy the Moments.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics