Wednesday, June 7, 2017

In The Studio - Wednesday

My table has arrived and has been set up. I've got more glass and pique assiette than I thought I did! That's always a good thing. The hard part is spending the time sorting glass that can sometimes have more than one color in it, but sorting of any kind is also a good thing!

This folding table is perfect for my needs at the moment.
The containers have a lot of glass and tile in various colors in it, the jars are what's been sorted so far.

The process of sorting was easier when I had tweezers but I've managed to lose the 2 pair I had for mosaic work along the way over the past 6 months. It's going to be a slow process without them. More have been added to the ever growing list of things to get to rebuild my work area.

Most of what's in this container will have to be patient until tweezers are purchased.
Most of what's in the boxes is not sorted and contains stained glass and some dish shards too. The sheets of glass are being cut down to fit into the space available. I always use small pieces to mosaic with anyway.

Once this container of purple glass started to fill up I realized saying I don't have "any" glass to work with is not correct! I just didn't know where it was!!

Now that the sorting has begun I feel good about getting to work soon on a few candle holders. Sorting will continue as the months progress. I have to get more containers too. Slow and steady, but I'm getting there!! Woohoo!!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay peaceful and Enjoy the Moments.
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics