Thursday, June 2, 2016

I'm Back!!

I don't know if many of you realized I've been away from blogging for three weeks. We've been without the internet, or had limited service during that time and I wasn't able to write in my blog.

While away I decided to revamp my posts. I am going to keep a few things I liked: "In The Studio" posts for sure will stay. I'm going to add an "how-to" post each week. Some people have mentioned wanting to try making a mosaic but being afraid to start. I would love for everyone to just come to my future workshop space and learn some basics and intermediate mosaics. But until I get that part of my life figured out, I can share some things here.

I think it would be good to have some learning info in one central place, so I will be working on adding a post this weekend. I'm thinking of making a page to share some of the mosaics I have for sale, just as an additional place to purchase or order customs directly for those who like to read my blog, want to order something but really get tired of clicking on links and leaving the blog post to see what I'm selling. Now you shouldn't have to. I won't post everything I sell, but enough to give you something to look at without leaving the blog.

Meanwhile, Promo Blasts! will go away for a while and in its place there will be a personal post about my life on Monday's and possibly Friday's too. Some general things, some important things. A place for me to vent if I need it. You don't have to read those unless you really are interested but blogging for me has always been a way to express myself through writing, and I want to do that once more.

I'm not sure there will be any other posts but the FRESH START GoFundMe campaign is still going only not strongly at the moment. I could really use help with getting donations for that and I'm really not sure how to do it.

My vision boards for the next phase of business are looked at lovingly each day. I haven't forgotten where I want to go. I just put things on the back burner when other things became a bit more important.

So here is a quick grouping of photos of mosaics I've worked on while I was gone. Some are waiting for glue to dry, some just got listed. All are pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

Privacy screen - listed on aftcra

This vertical one is staying with me for a few reasons, but mostly because I love it too much to part with.
flower trivet - listed on aftcra
Large privacy screen - waiting for glue to dry to grout.
moon and sun plate in the window (second photo below shows how this same plate looks sitting flat on a surface) - listed on aftcra


Hummer and Groovy Flowers - waiting for glue to dry to grout.

Hummer and Groovy Flowers sitting in the frame on the windowsill - waiting for glue to dry (all the white you see in the background is glue, I used tempered glass to fill it in which is a clear glass).

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics