Friday, February 6, 2015

In The Studio - Part Two

As you all may recall, I'm working on adding mosaic flowers to a handmade 15" sphere. It is just about finished getting all the glass glued down. I'm loving this so much! I put the last flower on the sphere yesterday.


Then I painted the open spots with red, orange and yellow plus generously sprinkled silver glitter over the paint.




Once it was dry, I started adding tempered glass in 2 different thicknesses depending on the size of the space to be filled in.



As soon as it's covered with tempered glass, I'll let it sit for a few days to rest. I want to make sure all the glue is dry before I grout. I usually wait to grout until the weekend when things are a little less crazy for me with the family. Leaving grout half cleaned off to go do something for my grandson can often lead to the grout drying too much to clean off properly. Hopefully it'll be ready soon. I can't wait to see it all finished up! I'm excited!!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy