Friday, October 17, 2014

In The Studio - Part 2

No new mosaics to share today and the ones I've been working on, the birdhouse and baby gift, haven't been touched since I shared the photos on Wednesday.

Sometimes the muse needs to rest and on those days, I do things that don't require her attention.

I've been priming many things both in MDF shapes and wood. The g'kids had some puzzles from a department store when they were much younger that requires pieces of wood to go into them with photos that match the inside of the puzzles.


I'm priming these and intend to mosaic inside the shapes as well as around them. These are fairly easy to turn into other things, even abstract in nature. Stay tuned to see what I do with them to make them into pieces of art. And somewhere ... still not sure where ... I have 5 or 6 wooden pieces that fit inside these shapes which when found will get primed and used in some way for some future mosaic yet to even be a glimmer of an idea. When they are found, I will know what I want to do with them.

There are small peace signs, crosses and a cabinet door salvaged from the dumpster being primed now with a very small paint brush (I use what I have available).


Once all of these pieces of MDF and wood are primed to my liking, I'll let the muse tell me where to start and what to do.


Meanwhile, the creative juices are relaxed and building steam for the next large wave of activity! Fun is always ahead when you are creating art!!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy