Thursday, August 29, 2013

Solar Flare - Sunshine In A Box

The other day when I shared a photo of the latest work-in-progress mosaic on Facebook, one of my online buddies called it Solar Flare. I was calling it Sunshine In A Box but hers is much better! That's a keeper.

It's coming along but not exactly as I thought it would. Often when I start something I don't have an exact idea as to how I want it to see it once it is finished but I do have certain thoughts. I have no problem with going with the flow or changing direction and because I ripped up some of the tess on this earlier, it feels like my original vision isn't exactly what it should end up with. That's okay with me, the muse rules me and I know it, but I am a little unsure as to what to do. I lost a little confidence with it. When that happens, sometimes it is best to put it aside for a day or two and think about it.



The photos show the progress so far. I'm using more blue and white china than I thought I'd use. I like it here and will put it at the bottom wave and top wave but the outer edges will get something different. I think ...

Meanwhile, my grandson's 6th year on earth is arriving next week! I decided to put this awesome box of sun aside and work on something for my own little ray of light.

I am not sure what I'm using as a substrate, but I'm going to make him a SpongeBob mosaic. No photos to show yet and until I know what I'm putting it on, there won't be. But, it shouldn't take very long to do. He normally is very interested in my mosaics and has, in the past, requested I make him some (which of course I have!) and he's made some of his own as well. Because I'm not selling it, I feel okay about using a patented trademark like Mr. SquarePants as my inspiration.

I'll be figuring out what to do and how to do it with all of that this afternoon. The next post should have something to show.

I listed a few things this morning. Love the pillow covers so much. I've been having fun making up collections too both in gift ideas and home decor.


I love making these collections! I'm positive next week I'll share a few more.

Meanwhile ... it's time to figure out what to put the SpongeBob mosaic on ...

Stay peaceful,
Cindy, Earth Mother Mosaics