Wednesday, April 13, 2016

In The Studio - Wednesday

I've been working on the business end of my business this week; doing a lot of reading, online courses, worksheets, etc. My goals are becoming clearer each day. I am going to start posting on Thursday's, sharing what I'm doing, what my dreams are, what my goals are and how I am navigating my way through it. If you are a creative like me, you know it's extremely difficult to focus on the business side. I am not fond of spreadsheets unless they are to rip up and make some art out of them.



I have been doing short bursts of mosaics throughout the afternoons and sometimes into the evenings because I need my "zen" time. Working on small projects is best right now.

I put a cool white crescent moon on this 7 inch plate. Using millefiori stars, blue and white dishes in three different designs and blue stained glass shows old, scratched up plates can have a new purpose.




This plate starts a new "to be grouted" pile. I love the colors I used on this plate.

Next, I picked up a 10 inch plate and started working on it. Once the mirror was added, I knew for sure I'd be using green and lilac. As you can see, the muse had different ideas.



This has a definite Southwest feel to it. Really not at all what I had planned but what evolved. And there's no green or lilac in it!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics