Tuesday, January 2, 2024

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I truly hope everyone who reads this has had a peaceful holiday season. Stress can play a major role on these events. I'm wishing all have come into the new year refreshed and ready to handle the months ahead.

I've been busy being artful in all kinds of ways. I did finally get some ornaments made but just for the immediate family here in our home. I had planned to do one for everyone on my list but the muse was not interested and I gave up trying to do many. I decided to do a few. It was the right decision.

They look so pretty with the Christmas lights around them. Five shots of four ornaments. The sizes are between 2 to 2-1/2 inches.

Taking inspiration from a coloring app called Zen Color - Color By Number I made myself a mosaic on a microwave plate. It's the only plate I had and I had to make sure I did something special on it. I think I accomplished that.





 

I'm very proud of how it turned out. This one will not be sold for quite some time, if ever. I think it should stay with me.

I have added a few pieces of art to my walls and around the room now dubbed "the art gallery" recently. Some need to find the perfect spot and haven't yet been hung.


In this collage above you can see the bottle stopper. I made this using a small light bulb that didn't fit my lava lamp. It DOES fit perfectly inside a mosaic bottle. Pretty nifty, huh?

I recently found a great sale on small ceramic dishes used for dipping sauces. I plan to put a mosaic inside of course but gave my daughter a few to use for their original purpose. Once a mosaic goes into them, they can no longer be used for food.

 

Small art is where I'm headed more often these days. I'm okay with that.

Another post will come through on Thursday, sharing doodles and dot painting.


Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics