Friday, January 5, 2024

Acrylics, Watercolor and Alcohol Ink - Oh My!

Acrylics, Watercolor and Alcohol Ink - Oh My! So many things to share right now! I've been busy.

Acrylics are still new for me, even though I've used them longer than any other paint medium. I used them mostly to paint the sides and backs of wood or MDF I created a mosaic on. Just recently I've decided to use them on paper and see what happens.

Below are a few I managed to be happy with and are still in the large 8 x 6 inch glue bound book I made.

Autumn leaves dedicated to my favorite tree from the past.


Spring Flowers dedicated to my favorite spot by the creek on our property.

 As you can see, many pages were ripped out. I'm going to fill this up in no time using only acrylics.

The first small book 3-3/4 x 3-1/2 inches, has been filled and I'm working on the second one.

Here's what the cover on the first book looks like. I used the small art cards I've doodled on over the past few years.

And here are 10 out of 12 pages within this book. All are dated on the back.


Now the new book is going to have black ink, marker, alcohol inks and both sides will be filled in. Some will have the doodle outlined from the previous page because it bleeds through. My Dad said he likes that the alcohol ink does that and can see a cool looking design on that side as well as the original side. So I'm taking advantage of that, getting two pieces of art for the price of one.

Here's the cover of the second book. Both front and back have an art card because I'm doing both sides of the paper within.

Front

Back

Inside there are only a few pieces of art done. Remember both sides are being drawn and/or painted.

First page.

The first page again, after page two was made.

 

Second and third pages.

Back of page three.

As you can see, it'll take a little bit of time to get the book filled but it's all in the journey and an enjoyable one at that.

I also have a few doodles to share that aren't in a book.
 

The top one, pink flowers, is done in Sharpie markers. The second is watercolor and black ink pen posing on my bistro chair.


Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics