Thursday, October 1, 2020

Theme Thursday - Bohemian Flowers

 I make a lotus like flower a lot in my mosaics. It's sort of the view from looking down at the flower, more than from the side view. I call these "Bohemian Flowers". That's the vibe that comes through every time, so that's why they are named as such. 

I did try making one from the side and it all blended together with the background. It wasn't my favorite attempt at it but it's listed. Just because I'm not in love with it, doesn't mean someone along the way might think it's awesome. I decided it looked more like a lily than a lotus. It wasn't supposed to be a lily but it's what it looks like.

I also like to use what I call "Flower Power Flowers" because they remind me of the flower decals I had all over my walls as a teenager in the late 60's, early 70's. 

Below are a few flowers from my Etsy shop. Enjoy!

 

 

 

 



Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics