Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday - Tess for the Temple

Originally I was calling the structure I'm building a shrine. Yesterday as I was putting it together to make it one piece, that little voice, my wonderful muse, said quite clearly that it's a temple. So that is now what I will call it. I never argue with the muse.

Tomorrow you'll see it all in one piece with the first layer of thin-set on it in my WIP Wednesday post. I'll be working on adding plaster cast strips to it today.

Below are the possible combinations and possibly all of the glass and dish tiles I'll use for the temple. Some may not get used. I'd rather pull out more than I need than not have the right color which is how this will go.

As of this writing, I'm only clear on a few details. The design itself is unknown. It will become clear that suns and moons and probably peace signs will be on it, I'm sure. Some cool words added. I'll be figuring it out as I'm putting the layers on the temple. Right now, all I know for sure is, it is going to be fun to create!




I often complain that I don't have enough of the right colored glass and have to get more. Right now I have more than I need but once the temple is finished, I might be saying that once more! 


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics