Wednesday, February 28, 2018

From The Studio - Wednesday

Zen time at the work table is a necessity for me. There are times when I zone out and forget to write blog posts or forget to share the ones I've written. Such is the case this past week. I didn't write a post on Friday nor did I share Monday's post with the usual social media gang. Still and all, I'd like to say I enjoyed the time at the table as much as I always do. And therefore, the Universe is smiling.

Here is the large candle holder almost completed and ready for resting and allowing the glue to dry before I grout.


A few days ago I was moving around the small 3 inch ornaments that I haven't yet put any mosaic magic on and decided to use it on a small project.

During one of our gatherings here in our home, one of the rambunctious children knocked over a wine glass that had "Happy Birthday" on it. Knowing I might be able to do something with it, later after the party, I was asked if I could maybe make a mosaic out of it or use it in some way? Indeed I could!


I started cutting up the pieces, some mirror and stained glass in bright colors matching the lettering in the broken glass. I cut off the stem of the wine glass and used it as a base, put the small sphere on top and started in on my quest to take something broken and make it into something magical and new.


I was able to get most of "Happy Birthday" and some candles on it and then used the rest of what I had to decorate the sphere in an abstract way.




This was a fun thing to do and fairly easy! Grouting color will be decided soon. I want to use a color that will compliment, not fracture the pieces or make it too dramatic. While it rests, I have time to figure that out!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay Peaceful and Let The Sun Shine In.