Wednesday, February 7, 2018

From The Studio - Wednesday

While sorting dish shards is mostly what I'm doing this week From The Studio, I am also every so often picking up the glass nippers and working on a mosaic panel privacy screen I've had as a WIP (work-in-progress) for a little over a year now.

Winter-themed "Let It Snow" a mosaic I started working on before we moved, sat unattended while we moved at the end of December 2016 and a long time after that. Recently I unearthed it once more and finished what I could. I needed/wanted some glass I didn't have enough of in the color I wanted it in for the background. So it sat a little longer until I made a sale and was able to purchase it from an Etsy shop. This stuff is awesome too. Tumbled and feels a lot like sea glass.

Started in November 2016
Picked up again December 2017
Started adding the border in January 2018

After the border was finished I had to put it all aside once more and wait for the glass I wanted to fill it in with.
Awesome glass, tumbled and sliced just right came from Pieces of Me Mosaics on Etsy.

At this point I was trying to decide if I wanted to keep them in one piece or cut them.

Nipping them was the right decision and I quickly went to work at the end of January 2018.

Finished and ready for grout! February 5, 2018
Check back on Friday when I share the next project on the work table and some general business news.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!


Stay Peaceful and Enjoy the Moments.