Wednesday, February 14, 2018

From The Studio - Wednesday

Happy Valentine's Day! Appropriately, I started working on the first heart I'll be donating to Florida. I'm very messy with thinset and get frustrated because of that, so it's taking me a little time to get through it. However, I'm positive once it's entirely filled in, I'll be very happy with it.

Here's the progress photos from the beginning to where I left off yesterday afternoon.

Because I have trouble cutting a straight line freehand, I use a white tealight candle to draw the lines before cutting.

The wax is easy to clean up and off of the glass and the scored lines are much straighter.

Hearts and flowers.

Mesh is cut to fit and taped down over a piece of plastic and the drawing.

Placement of the glass gems was done first.

The flowers start to form.

Messy thinset but once completely filled in, I'm hoping I can clean it up a bit.

Next Wednesday I'll share the progress and hopefully it will be finished!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!



Stay Peaceful and Let The Sun Shine In.