Wednesday, December 10, 2014

In The Studio - Part One

Little Dude and I have been doing the finishing touches on his ornaments.

sprinkling glitter
We're doing a few at a time so they will dry completely, then turn them over and do the other side.

They look really pretty and he's happy with how they are turning out.


My final review on these snowflake ornaments are mixed.

-Difficulty Level: Medium to Hard

These were not easy to do for us (he is 7) and I did most of it myself. Although the concept seems simple enough. If a child is old enough to use a hot glue gun (I don't have one so I used Weldbond which is slow to dry) it would be a snap. While glue was drying the clothespins tended to bend slightly even placed flat on a surface. I believe they wouldn't do this with a hot glue gun, so take that into consideration. It has taken weeks to make them from start to finish. That isn't always fun for a 7 year old. Patience is not something he has a lot of.

Other than that, I love how they look but might not make these again.

Now that the Little Dude's ornaments are close to completion, I can start on the ones I want to make.

First I covered those fuzzy things with plaster cast strips.


Once the strips are dry (in a day or two), I can start having some fun covering them with stained glass.


If all goes well, I'll have at least one to show by the next post. Yay!

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy