Friday, June 20, 2014

In The Studio

I've had a lot of fun in the studio this week.

The scrap glass window is finished and placed on my windowsill. It makes me smile a lot during the day. I find myself staring at it for long periods of time both amused and amazed that I was able to complete it in about 6 weeks, with a good 10 days off in between.

It's grout time!
2 panes down, 4 to go
Sitting on the sill in my room
Eventually I want to stain and/or paint the wood in a burnt umber, my favorite brown for wood frames. But for now, it will sit here and keep me happy. Yay!

I worked on the crescent moons too. One has glass and mirror on it. The stars are painted in a glow-in-the-dark paint and covered in tempered glass.




Had some fun too with plaster cast strips and an old porcelain doll.

Getting it ready for the strips
Looking very macabre and creepy ... like a mummy or something much worse.
Next step is to add some thin-set to the body over the strips and then I can start adding the tesserae to it. The thin-set will ensure the doll is sturdy enough to hold the weight of the tess.

And while waiting for plaster to dry, I pulled out the next candle holder (because all of the ones I had listed on Etsy have been sold recently - woo-hoo!!) and the glass to go with it. Love these colors of blue.


I painted some switch plate covers using acrylics and glow-in-the-dark paint. When I can figure out how to get a photo of the glowing paint, I'll share it. I think I have to invest in a black light soon because I really love using that paint!

Portions of the clouds are painted in glow-in-the-dark paint. Can be turned either way too!
Only the flower has glow-in-the-dark paint. This too can be flipped either way.
Once I get a sealant on these and better photos, I'll list them in my shop on Storenvy.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy