Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Trendy Tuesday

It's been too long since I've done some Mid Century Modern virtual shopping. Shame on me. Below you'll find a treasury dedicated to Danish designs which are close to my heart.

Calorie Free Danish

In keeping with the theme, I usually pick an item I've got available for purchase. The item I am showing below will eventually be used as a prototype for more mosaics such as this, but this one is not for sale (I'm keeping it!). My Dad made this cutting board in the late 1950's/early 1960's and it should come as no surprise why I love the Mid Century Modern Scandinavian design as much as I do. I grew up around it! In any case, he and I had a nice conversation not too long ago and he's scraped up 3-4 more boards that he's going to give me to mosaic. I'm thrilled not just because I have a favorite shape to cover in mosaic goodness but also because he loved that I took his design and made it my own. He also said he's cut more for me if I wanted them. What an awesome Dad I have! If you like this wall hanging below, keep a look out for future posts when they will be available for sale.


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!

Stay peaceful,
Cindy