Thursday, February 1, 2024

In The Studio - Part 2

 To continue ... more photos and explanations under each one.

I've been gathering up the tiles for the tray I am making for my daughter and her husband in Norway. I shared before the design I had in mind but it wasn't working with their color scheme which is mostly grey, tan, white and black with wood. As far as I can tell, these are easy to relax around. Soothing, I suppose. In any case, I have one more set of iridescent tiles coming on Friday in white and then I can begin the fun part. Making the mosaic! I'm getting some coasters at the end of the week as well and a few will go with this tray using the same tiles.


Here's the color choices for the dish I am going to mosaic. It took a while to decide on these colors. I think I'd be happiest with less color choices sometimes ... I know ... we human's are never satisfied. However, I really do love all the choices I have. It wasn't always this way, I remind myself. The decision this time was gold Van Gogh glass, green glass dots, a ceramic dot and black tiles. I'm thinking if I start in the center and work my way out it should be pretty cool looking but I have a way of never finding center, even when I walk I go from one side to the other when I stand up. Hahaha. So I might start on the outer section and work my way in. I'll let you know what I decide.

 

And ... it was grouting day on Tuesday! 3 switch plate covers, two small dishes (4 inches) and a larger dish (8.5 inches) all done in a popular color around here at the moment ... grey.



Out of the three, my favorite turned out to be the heart. That was the first one I made in this group. I really love the way the red glass has a texture to it which became more visible once grouting happened. Very cool.

I'm still doing finishing touches on the switch plates but when they are all ready for their 15 minutes of fame, I will post here first before listing them on my GoImagine shop.

 

I'm getting ready to doodle on this one. I shared this yesterday. It's water color. I used a stencil for the circles because I am not good at drawing circles freehand. I don't know how much doodling I'll do on it. Maybe just inside the circles. Time will tell.


Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics


 

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics