Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Midweek Progress

The midweek progress isn't very much, but enough to share.

I got a little further on the 2nd Practice Board. I think I want to add a few little things. For example I'm not crazy about seeing the glue "stains" around the things on the board but the design itself around them is interesting enough to highlight it with maybe a marker or black ink.


I drew out simple designs on two more sets of coasters. Haven't yet started on them but here's what they look like before I add a mosaic.



I starting cutting up mirror pieces for the coasters and this panel below was asking for attention. I made this substrate using a piece of square Styrofoam and covered it in cement to make it solid enough to mosaic on. Not a great photo (it's raining today) but you get the idea. Once all the areas are covered in mosaic I'll put it aside again. I want to see how I feel about the background before I finish it.

 

And now it's time to get back to the coasters.


Enjoy the journey.

 Cindy aka EarthMotherMosaics


 

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics