Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday

 This week I thought I'd share a few little odds and ends I've collected over the years. Not everything will end up in a mosaic, the Snow Babies for example, but I don't have a place just yet to properly show them off. They are in a bowl along with things that might end up in a mosaic. Some day ...

After a few years of mosaic-making, people started giving me their broken jewelry, keys, plastic buttons and so on. I use them when I can but sometimes I have to pull out things to look at them for a while to decide if they will work in a mosaic I want to make.


Some day, as well, I want to try a challenge, taking a grouping like these above and below, and use them all in a mosaic. The hard part for me is finding the right substrate or base to use. I have a lot of things that might work, including old cookie jars and discarded bottles. Working 3D is more challenging still. That's a good thing!


 

I sorted the jewelry and odds and ends by color, gold/silver, wood, holiday. It took quite some time but it's worth it.

The dark table makes these items harder to see but you get the idea. Lots of wonderful tess to use whenever I want to use it! Woohoo!


Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics