Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Tesserae Tuesday - August Birth Flower - Gladiolus

 It's time to get back to work after my 3 week rest/recoup/regeneration time. First thing up is the August Birth Flower, Gladiolus, in white and pink. Very pretty and luckily, I have a lot of scraps that will work really well with this flower.

This mosaic is being done on a piece of treated Styrofoam. A hanger has been added but it feels really unstable at the moment. Once it's finished if the back still feels that way I'll add more thin set to the hanger and hope it stays put. The next piece I do on Styrofoam, I believe I'll poke holes in the top and run some ribbon or string through for hanging.

I used the design I printed of the flowers and drew on the board using carbon paper.

I'll be digging through the scraps to get more but these pieces above represent what I'll use.

Some of the colors are washed out due to the overhead light but I'm using greens for the leaves and stems, whites with blue, a few pieces of iridescent white and some with grey, and pinks in light through dark. Hopefully it'll all come together within the next few weeks.

I hope to start on this, this afternoon as long as the heat isn't too bad up here in the attic. Thank goodness for the a/c because it wouldn't be possible to move around without it some days!

Tomorrow's post will share the crescent moon I finally finished getting glass down on. That took a while to complete but it looks just as I want it to. Yay!

 

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics