Wednesday, October 19, 2016

In The Studio - Wednesday

As the weeks gets closer to the crazy holiday season, I keep telling myself it's time to figure out what I'm going to make. Those I gift each year with a handmade item often don't receive their gift before Christmas. Honestly, each year it becomes harder and harder to figure out. Once I do, it's close to the time to actually give the gift.

As I push things around and look at what I have available In The Studio each day, I am not coming any closer to many decisions yet. I will keep updating the blog about this subject once I get it figured out. IF I do! Wish me luck!

The gift I mentioned last week was finally given over the weekend, so I can share it here. It's Mickey and Minnie! It's functional and wall art, always a bonus when it can be useful. I used mirror in silver and a few colors to make it look like confetti, stained glass and dish tiles too. The sides were covered in blue glass tiles. It measures 5 x 6 inches.


If you look closely you can see I added a hook in the center for a backpack, lightweight jacket, etc. Both Mom and child loved it. That makes me very happy!

I'm back to work in the studio, thank goodness, after a long rest. I'm making a gift for my daughter's friend. She recently moved and gave me some dishes she no longer needed. We're going to give one of them back, in the form of a mosaic.


A 3 hook wall rail is getting some pretty blue flowered dish pieces placed on it. My daughter's friend loves shabby chic, so we'll probably go with white grout to finish it off.

I have a vase I've been staring at for quite some time and started nipping up the glass for it. Lots to be cut yet, so I do a little at a time while watching a show on Netflix or one of the many DVD's I have.

Purple, pink, white with green streaks, light green and burgundy glass are the colors I've chosen. Aren't they a pretty combination? If all goes well with this, I'll probably list it.

Support Independent Artisans, Designers and Crafters for your gift-giving needs all throughout the year. Thank you!~Cindy, EarthMotherMosaics